The selection committee, composed of the Action Chair, the Grant Awarding coordinator and a representative of each WG, will evaluate the ITC Conference Grants applications within a month after the call deadline and will inform the grant holder of the successfully evaluated proposals. The successful applicants will then receive an e-mail from the grant holder (Grant Letter Notification), stating the official approval of the ITC Conference Grant application, the granted budget and a payment request form which has to be completed after the completion of the Conference for the grant to be transferred. The Grant Letter outlines the rights and duties of the grantee and the Grant Holder.
If the amount of funding by all applications within a call does not exceed the available budget, the applications are handled by the Grant Awarding coordinator only. The Grant Awarding coordinator then presents the list to the selection committee, which must accept the funding of every application.
If there are more applications than funding is available, the following procedure takes place.
- A list of all applications is distributed to all members of the selection committee in the form of a table, in which every evaluator can mark which applications he or she can evaluate according to their field of expertise.
- To guarantee a fair and objective evaluation, an evaluator should have no affiliation with the home institution of the ITC Conference Grant proposal.
- All applications are evaluated by two members of the selection committee. The Grant Awarding coordinator distributes the proposals to the individual evaluators.
- The criteria given in the table below shall be applied for evaluation. The first criterion (a) is assessed by the Grant Awarding coordinator prior to the evaluation process.
|a) Before any further criteria are considered|| |
|Application is complete and fulfils all formal requirements||pass/no pass|
|The application will be ranked last if the applicant was granted in previous ITC Conference Grant calls||pass/no pass|
|b) Evaluation of the grant application|| |
|Quality and Scientific Excellence of the Conference||40|
|Impact on the career of the application||10|
|CV of the applicant||20|
|Relevance of the Conference to the objectives of PurpleGain Action||5|
5. The evaluators report their evaluations to the Grant Awarding coordinator.
6. The Grant Awarding coordinator ranks all evaluations and then reports the final result to the selection committee to be discussed and accepted. The coordinator will approve the applications selected in the e-cost platform.
7. The applicants are informed about the decision reached.